Preschool - Open to Mad River ONLY
- Applications for the 2022-23 school year are available at the Mad River Student Services Office, 801 Old Harshman Rd, and are also available for download at Preschool Registration.
- Preschool registration must be completed at the Mad River Student Services office/Board of Education, not online.
- Open Enrollment is not available for Preschool.
Please visit the Mad River School Preschool webpage for more information or contact Mrs. Weethee at 259-6603.
Kindergarten through 12th Grade - IMPORTANT 2022-23 INFORMATION
- Online registration portal is open for Grades K-12 - Residents
- Do not submit prior to July 1, as it will be deleted from the online system.
- Approved, New 22-23 Open Enrollment students will be notified of registration procedures separately.
- Enrollment/registration process is completed through the Oneview Parent Portal. Process is listed below.
- If you do not have online access to complete the process, please contact the building you are wishing to enroll in for assistance.
For Grades K through 4, students are assigned a neighborhood school based on their home address. Locate your child(ren)’s zoned area school through our school finder or by contacting the Student Service's Office at 259-6603. To visit a school website, please choose a school through the "Select A School" button at the top right on every web page.
School Registration Requirements
Parent/Legal Guardians MUST provide the following documents to the student's building when finalizing enrollment:
- Child’s certified birth certificate issued by the State's Health Department (*Hospital/Souvenir Birth Record will not be accepted*)
- If the certificate is in any language other than English, applicants must provide a certified, translated copy with the original.
- Immunization/health records
- Copy of Current IEP/ETR, Service Plan if applicable
- Copy of 504 Plan, if applicable
- Copy of Gifted information, if applicable
- Two Proofs of Residency:
- The first must be a current lease agreement, Mortgage statement/Deed, or rental agreement with the legal/custodial parent's name and address listed on the document. Tax documents will not be accepted. **If you reside with someone else or there is not a lease or rental agreement, please contact your student's building for more information regarding additional requirements.
- The second can be a current utility bill, homeowner/ renter insurance, vehicle registration, payroll check, income tax documents.
All documents must be current and no less than 30 days old.
- Custody papers or any legal documents that pertain to the child
- Report Card from the previous school attended, if applicable
- If you have any questions regarding enrollment, please contact your child’s building secretary before registering.
ENROLLMENT PROCESS (Grades K-12 Only)
Do you live in the Mad River School District?
- Please click "New Student Enrollment" to begin Online Registration.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been submitted.
- The building secretary will contact you to schedule a time to come into the building to return the required registration documentation - Please see REGISTRATION CHECKLIST.
- FOR ELEMENTARIES ONLY - Once you have submitted your online application, you must schedule an appointment for registration by clicking on your student's building webpage, and selecting "Registration Appointment" under Find it Fast.
Do you live outside of the Mad River School District?
- May 2 - May 13, 2022 - Application period has ended - 2022-23 Open Enrollment Information
- Applications are submitted in paper form only.
- Applications may be dropped off in person or in our after-hours dropbox located in front of the Bd of Education Office.
- Open Enrollment is not available for Preschool students.
- Fairborn City Schools does not participate in Open Enrollment.
If you have any questions or need assistance with our online enrollment portal, please contact your student's assigned building or Heather Shuttleworth - firstname.lastname@example.org.Intra-District Transfer Request School Transfers
Transfers to another elementary within the District must be made through an intra-district request. Please contact your student's assigned elementary school based on your address or by calling the Student Services Department at 937-259-6603. If new to the district, your student must be registered at the building based on your address prior to applying. These applications are on a first-come, first-served basis. Approval is based on space availability within the requested grade/school.
Required Vaccines for Ohio School Districts
Exceptional Education & Student Services
The District provides educational opportunities to students who are physically handicapped, mentally handicapped, sensory impaired, emotionally disabled, as well as, gifted. Parents interested in more information about special education services should contact Student Services @ 937-259-6603.