Welcome to Mad River Local Schools!
For Grades K through 4, Students are assigned a neighborhood school based on their home address. Locate your child(ren)’s zoned area school by through our school finder or by contacting the Student Service's Office at 259-6603. To visit a school website, please choose a school through the "Select A School" button at the top right on every web page.
2021-22 PRESCHOOL SCHOOL REGISTRATION (Mad River Residents Only)
Applications will be available beginning March 8, 2021, at the Mad River Board of Education Office, 801 Old Harshman Rd, and will also be available for download on the Preschool webpage. Please visit the Mad River School Preschool webpage for more information or contact Mrs. Weethee at 259-6603 for information.
Please note that we do not accept online registration through our enrollment portal for our Preschool program.
Open Enrollment is not available for Preschool.
Do you live in the Mad River School District?
- Please click the "NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT" link below to register your student via the online portal system.
Do you live outside of the Mad River School District?
- OPEN ENROLLMENT IS CLOSED FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
- Applications for the 21-22 school year will be available beginning May 3, 2021, at the Mad River Board of Education Buidling, 801 Old Harshman Rd.
- Open Enrollment is not available for Preschool students.
Once you have submtted an online application, the building secretary will reach out to you to finalize the registration process.
If you have any questions, please contact your student's assigned building or Heather Shuttleworth - firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Open Enrollment period has ended.School Registration RequirementsEnrollment for K-12
Parent/Legal Guardians MUST provide the following documents when registering in the building of residence:
- Child’s certified birth certificate issued by Health Department (*Hospital Birth Record will not be accepted). If the certificate is in any language other than English applicants must provide a certified, translated copy with the original.
- Immunization/health records
- Copy of Current IEP/ETR, if applicable
- Two Proofs of Residency:
- The first must be a current lease agreement, mortgage statement/Deed, or rental agreement with the legal/custodial parents name and address listed on the document. Tax documents will not be accepted. **If you reside with someone else or there is not a lease or rental agreement, please contact your student's building for more information regarding additional requirements.
- The second can be a current utility bill, homeowner/Renters insurance, vehicle registration, payroll check, income tax documents.
All documents must be current and no less than 30 days old.
Intra-District Transfer Request School Transfers
- Custody papers or any legal documents that pertain to the child
- Report Card from previous school attended, if applicable
If you have any questions regarding enrollment, please contact your child’s building secretary before registering.
Transfers to another elementary within the District must be made through an intra-district request. Please contact your student's assigned elementary school based on your address or by calling the Student Services Department at 937-259-6603. If new to the district, your student must be registered at the building based on your address prior to applying. These applications are on a first-come, first-served basis. Approval is based on space availability within the requested grade/school.
Required Vaccines for Ohio School Districts
Exceptional Education & Student Services
The District provides educational opportunities to students who are physically handicapped, mentally handicapped, sensory impaired, emotionally disabled, as well as, gifted. Parents interested in more information about special education services should contact Student Services @ 937-259-6603.