Open Enrollment 2020-21 Information
2020-21 - Open Enrollment Renewals - Due to the recent order by Governor Dewine closing school offices, we are requesting, if possible, that you mail your renewals to the address listed below. Please continue to monitor our district website for more information.
MAD RIVER SCHOOLS STUDENT SERVICES
801 OLD HARSHMAN RD
DAYTON OH 45431
Ohio law, along with the Mad River Board of Education board policy, allows parents/guardians to enroll their children in a school within the Mad River School District rather than their district of residence by completing an open enrollment application and being approved by the incoming district. By policy of the Federal government, students residing in the Fairborn School District cannot attend the Mad River School District through Open Enrollment. Open Enrollment is not available for Preschool students.
Open enrollment applications are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, per the Mad River Local School Board Policy and application is required each school year.
High school students who transfer school districts through open enrollment must follow Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) rules for participating on athletic teams. Typically, athletic eligibility is determined by the school in which the student is attending during their 9th grade year. OHSAA rules for transfer and athletic eligibility are very specific and must be followed by law.
Families, if accepted, may contact the district’s Transportation Department regarding space availability at specific bus stops.
Application packets may be picked up in person beginning May 1, from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., at the Mad River Board of Education Building, located 801 Old Harshman Rd. No applications will be available prior to May 1.
Applications will not be accepted through the Mad River One View Enrollment portal.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
We do not accept faxed or emailed applications. They will not be processed.
After May 1, applications may be picked up between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at 801 Old Harshman Rd., in the Student Services Office.
Required Documents at Time of Application
- Child’s original Birth Certificate* issued by Health Department - Copies will not be accepted.
*If Birth Certificate is in any language other than English, certified translated copy must be provided with original.
- Immunization Records
- Custody documentation – if applicable
- Proof of Residency
- 1st proof must be current, signed lease/rental/mortgage/deed. Tax records will not be accepted.
- 2nd proof may be one of the following: Current utility bill, homeowner/renter insurance, vehicle registration, payroll check, child support, social security/assistance, voter registration. Proof must be dated within the last 30 days.
- Report card – Most recent and must show student’s attendance. Interim reports will not be accepted.
- Unofficial transcript – Grades 10-12
- Copy of Discipline Record - REQUIRED if discipline days are noted on application
- Special Education/Special Services – 504 plan, IEP, ETR – if applicable – Documents must be signed copies. Incomplete records will not be accepted.