The Open Enrollment period has ended.
2020-21 school year is closed.
Applications are no longer being accepted.
Thank you for your interest.
How does the 2020-21 Open Enrollment process work?
- Submit INITIAL APPLICATION ONLY to the Mad River Board of Education located at 801 Old Harshman Rd, Dayton 45431.
- Based on space availability criteria determined by the Mad River Local Schools Open Enrollment Policies/Procedures, CONTINGENT applications will be notified via mail to submit all required documents that are listed on Open Enrollment Checklist. (Checklist will be provided with application packet at pick up.
- Date and location to return will be provided in the Contingent Notification Letter.
- Once the Open Enrollment Checklist items are returned, the application will be processed through a FINAL REVIEW to determine if the student’s application meets all required criteria per the Open Enrollment Policies and Procedures. If required criteria is not met, the application will be denied.
- Incomplete Contingent Applications will not be processed for FINAL REVIEW.
- If your student is denied due to space availability in a specific grade level, your student will be placed on a waitlist in accordance with the outline within the Open Enrollment Policies and Procedures.
If you have any questions, please contact 937-259-6603 or email one of the following:
Michelle Weethee – firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Shuttleworth – email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted through the Mad River One View Enrollment portal.
We do not accept faxed or emailed applications. They will not be processed.
Ohio law, along with the Mad River Board of Education board policy, allows parents/guardians to enroll their children in a school within the Mad River School District rather than their district of residence by completing an open enrollment application and being approved by the incoming district. By policy of the Federal government, students residing in the Fairborn School District cannot attend the Mad River School District through Open Enrollment. Open Enrollment is not available for Preschool students.
Open enrollment applications are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, per the Mad River Local School Board Policy and application is required each school year.
High school students who transfer school districts through open enrollment must follow Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) rules for participating on athletic teams. Typically, athletic eligibility is determined by the school in which the student is attending during their 9th grade year. OHSAA rules for transfer and athletic eligibility are very specific and must be followed by law.
Families, if accepted, may contact the district’s Transportation Department regarding space availability at specific bus stops.