OPEN ENROLLMENT 2021-22
OPEN ENROLLMENT TIMELINE – 2021-22
- Renewal period – Current Open Enrolled students March 1 – March 31
- NEW Open Enrollment Applications available – (K-12 only) May 3 – May 31
- KDG students MUST be 5 years old by August 1, 2021
- Grades 1-12 Notification letters June 18
- Kindergarten Notification Letters July 1
How does the 2021-22 Open Enrollment process work
for NEW applicants?
INITIAL applications may be picked up and submitted at the Mad River Board of Education Buidling located at 801 Old Harshman Rd, Dayton 45431 beginning May 3, 2021. Applications will not be available prior to that date.
- Based on space availability criteria determined by the Mad River Local Schools Open Enrollment Policies/Procedures, CONTINGENT applicants will be notified via mail to submit all required documents that are listed on Open Enrollment Checklist. Checklist will be provided with application packet at pick up.
- Date and location to return items listed on the checklist will be provided in the Contingent Notification Letter.
- Once the Open Enrollment Checklist items are returned, the application will be processed through a FINAL REVIEW to determine if the student’s application meets all required criteria per the Open Enrollment Policies and Procedures. If required criteria is not met, the application will be denied.
- Incomplete Contingent Applications will not be processed for FINAL REVIEW.
- If your student is denied due to space availability in a specific grade level, your student will be placed on a waitlist in accordance with the outline within the Open Enrollment Policies and Procedures.
- Applications will not be accepted through the Mad River OneView Enrollment portal.
- We do not accept faxed or emailed applications. They will not be processed.
By policy of the Federal government, students residing in the Fairborn School District cannot attend the Mad River School District through Open Enrollment.
Open Enrollment is not available for Preschool students.
Ohio law, along with the Mad River Board of Education board policy, allows parents/guardians to enroll their children in a school within the Mad River School District rather than their district of residence by completing an open enrollment application and being approved by the incoming district.
Open enrollment applications are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, per the Mad River Local School Board Policy and application is required each school year.
High school students who transfer school districts through open enrollment must follow Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) rules for participating on athletic teams. Typically, athletic eligibility is determined by the school in which the student is attending during their 9th grade year. OHSAA rules for transfer and athletic eligibility are very specific and must be followed by law.
Families, if accepted, may contact the district’s Transportation Department regarding space availability at specific bus stops.
If you have any questions, please contact 937-259-6603 or email one of the following:
Michelle Weethee – email@example.com
Heather Shuttleworth – firstname.lastname@example.org