We welcome you and your children to the Mad River School District. Our school district is a member of the National Association of Federally Impacted Schools (NAFIS) and the Mid-to-Low LOT Schools (MTLLS) subgroup, a National organization representing a sub-section of schools federally impacted by 1-50% of their student enrollment. Children from our military families and all families in transition need our best efforts to make the most of their education. Mad River is a diverse, multicultural, innovative school district with a state and national reputation for continuous school improvement. Over the pasts several years, scores on state and national tests have improved steadily due to strong teacher, administrator, Board of Education support, and community collaboration.
• National Association of Federally Impacted Schools
• MTLLS: Mid to Low Lot Schools Association
• Mad River works with other school districts serving WPAFB military families
• The Superintendent of Schools works closely on school and military-related issues
• Mad River works closely with congressional and state representatives on mutual issues and concerns of military students
• Mad River offers a comprehensive Special Education Program designed to serve students with special needs as well as gifted/talented students
• Mad River provides tuition free Preschool
Beverly Gardens Elementary
Mrs. Cristal Fields,Principal
5555 Enright Ave.
Virginia Stevenson Elementary
Mr. Cory Miller, Principal
805 Old Harshman Rd.
Mr. Steve Kandel, Principal
5800 Burkhardt Rd.
Mrs. Misha Monnin, Principal
4350 Schwinn Dr.
Grades 5 and 6
Spinning Hills Middle School
Mr. Mike Combs, Principal
5001 Eastman Ave.
Grades 7 and 8
Mad River Middle School
Ms. Laurie Plank, Principal
1801 Harshman Rd.
Stebbins High School
Mrs. Tina Simpson, Principal
1900 Harshman Rd.
(937) 237-4257 Guidance
We encourage you to contact these schools directly to schedule an appointment to meet with the administration or the school counselors for a visit. You may also contact Student Services at (937) 259-6603, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., if you need additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Registration Information & Requirements:
All Registration takes place at the assigned school.
A student must register to attend school in the school attendance area in which his/her parents or legal guardian resides. A parent or legal guardian must complete the registration process, prior to the student attending school.
When moving from one school district to another, you must withdraw your child from the former school, prior to enrolling them at the new school.
Please provide the following information at the time of registration:
• Birth Certificate
• Shot Record
• Recent Report Card (Grades 1 - 12) & Unofficial Transcript (Grades 9 - 12)
• Two Documents Showing Proof of Residency. (The first document MUST be Lease Agreement, Mortgage Payment Coupon or Deed if they own free and clear. The second can be electric bill, gas/oil bill, water bill, home owner or renters insurance, vehicle registration or insurance, payroll check, child support check, or social security/welfare/assistance payment.
• Court Awarded Custody (if the student lives with someone other than biological parent or if parents are divorced).
• All documentation must be current. (Last 30 days)
Students, parents,and/or legal guardians are responsible for reporting changes of address to school principals immediately upon moving or knowing that moves will take place.
Where can I get a school supply list?
School supply lists for all elementary and middle schools can be found at each school. Stebbins High School does not provide supply lists. On the first day of class or at orientation, each high school teacher will inform students what supplies they will need.
What are the age requirements for kindergarten enrollment?
The Mad River School District currently offers full-day kindergarten classes.Children must be five years of age on or before August 1, 2016 to enroll in kindergarten and six years of age by the same date to enroll in grade one,unless previous public school kindergarten attendance can be verified.
Where can I find out information about bus routes?
Parents may contact the Transportation Department, (937) 237-4280 to get information on bus schedules.
Is there a fee to participate in athletic programs?
The Board of Education has established a $100 participation fee for all athletes at the high school level and a $75 participation fee for athletes at the middle school level.
Does Mad River have full day kindergarten?
All four Mad River elementary schools offer a full day of kindergarten.
Does Mad River have a Head Start program?
The Head Start program is housed at the Mad River Early Childhood Center. For more information please call (937) 226-5664.
Does Mad River have a preschool program?
Mad River Local Schools offers a free preschool program for typically developing students and children with disabilities ages 3-5. This half-day program is offered Monday–Thursday during the school year. Children must be potty-trained. Certified teachers provide rich learning experiences that help children develop socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually. Registration packets maybe picked up at the Curriculum Office at 801 Old Harshman Road, from 8:00a.m.-4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. The cost of the program is free.
What does Mad River have to offer my special needs child?
Mad River offers a variety of programs for special needs students. Contact the Student Services office at (937) 259-6603.