• Preschool Registration

    Beginning April 5, 2022, the Mad River School District will begin accepting preschool registration for the 2022-2023 School Year.

    Please follow these steps to register:

    • Complete the Preschool Registration Packet. Packets can be downloaded below or picked up at our Student Services Office.
    • Schedule an appointment to register your child. Registration will be held by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
    • Attend an in-person appointment to register your child. 
      • Please have all required documents with you at the time of your appointment or you will have to make another appointment to register.  

    Please read below for specific information.
    If you have any questions, please send your inquiry to michelle.weethee@madriverschools.org

    Mad River Local Schools offers a free preschool program for typically developing students and children with disabilities ages 3-5. This half-day program is offered Monday–Thursday during the school year. Children must be potty-trained. Certified teachers provide rich learning experiences that help children develop socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. 

    *Preschool programs are available for children who are three years old by August 1, 2022,  with priority for four-year-olds.  

    Students who turn five years of age by August 1, 2022,  are eligible to enroll in kindergarten.

    *You must live in the Mad River School District to attend Mad River Preschool.

    Applications can be picked up in the Student Services Department.  Office hours are 8:00-3:30.  The office is closed for lunch between 11:30-12:30. 

    Or Download here  Preschool Registration Form 2022-23

    The following items must be provided at the time of application:

    • Registration Sheet
    • W2 Form
    • Birth Certificate Child’s certified birth certificate issued by the Health Department (*Hospital Birth Record will not be accepted). If the certificate is in any language other than English, a certified, translated copy must be presented with the original.
    • Immunizations
    • Custody paperwork, if applicable
    • Two Proofs of Residency:
    1. The first MUST be a rental or lease agreement, mortgage statement, or deed if you own the property free and clear.
    2. The second can be a utility bill (water, electric/gas/oil), no more than 30 days old. Other items accepted can be homeowner or renter insurance, vehicle registration or insurance, payroll check, child support check, social security/welfare/assistance payment, or voter registration. If you do not own/rent property in the district, but live with someone in the district, you must complete an Adult Residency Affidavit and provide the documentation as stated in the affidavit.


    The online portal will accept appointments beginning April 5-8, 2022.