Please download and review the syllabus above for more information regarding class content, grades, expectations, and policies.How to succeed in Spanish class:
1. Come to class every day and stay on task.*It is very difficult to teach yourself the language. The contact time in class is irreplaceable.
*Everything you are asked to do is for a reason—to help you learn!
2. Take notes and work out all problems in class.
*Spanish is very much like a math class. We do problems every day to master concepts and practice vocabulary.3. Do all homework honestly, thoroughly, thoughtfully, and on time.*Homework is essential for meaningful practice and study. There is a very high correlation between on-time homework completion and success on tests and quizzes.
4. Study your vocabulary words regularly.
*Make flashcards or use the online tools on my website.*Study your vocabulary words for 10-15 minutes about 3 times a week.
5. Volunteer regularly and ask questions when you need help.6. See me for extra help when you need it.7. Listen to Spanish music, watch Spanish TV, look through a Spanish magazine or children's book, or try talking to someone in Spanish.
8. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
9. Be open-minded and have a good attitude.
10. Try your hardest and have confidence in yourself.11. Have fun!