• Mad River Early Childhood Center - Preschool 

       Mad River Local Schools offers free preschool programs for typically developing students and children with disabilities ages 3-5.  Certified teachers provide rich learning experiences that help children develop socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually.

    • Programs are available for children 3 years old by August 1, with priority for 4-year-olds. 
    • Students must be potty-trained
    • Students who turn 5 years of age by August 1, 2024, are eligible for kindergarten.
    • Must be a resident of the Mad River School District

    Application Process

    1. Complete the Preschool Registration Packet. Packets can be downloaded below or picked up at our Student Services Office located at 801 Old Harshman Rd.
      • Office Hours - 8:00 - 3:30 - Closed for Lunch 11:30-12:30
    2. Applications must be dropped off in person. 
    3. Please have all required documents with you when you return the packet.
    4. Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
    5. Download Registration Packet here →2024-25 Preschool Registration Packet (Available March 4, 2024)


    • Registration Packet
    • Proof of Income for ALL adults in household
      • 2023 Tax Returns of all adults in the household, W2 OR 
      • Last Four consecutive pay stubs (current) for all working adults in the household AND (if applicable)
      • Child Support/Spousal Support, ODJFS Benefits, Social Security, Disability, Worker Compensation or Retirement Benefits
    • A Birth Certificate--A Child’s certified birth certificate is issued by the Health Department (*Hospital Birth Records will not be accepted). A certified, translated copy must be presented with the original if the certificate is in any language other than English.
    • Immunizations
    • Custody paperwork, if applicable
    • Two Proofs of Residency:
      1. The first MUST be a rental or lease agreement, mortgage statement, or deed if you own the property free and clear.
      2. The second can be a utility bill (water, electric/gas/oil), no more than 30 days old. Other items accepted can be homeowner or renter insurance, vehicle registration or insurance, payroll check, child support check, social security/welfare/assistance payment, or voter registration. If you do not own/rent property in the district, but live with someone in the district, you must complete an Adult Residency Affidavit and provide the documentation as stated in the affidavit.

    If you have any questions, please send your inquiry to michelle.weethee@madriverschools.org.      

    **Appointments Will Not Accepted Until March 4, 2024. 




    ps flyer