- Explore career information (including salary, job outlook, job duties, education requirements)
- Take interest inventory that links to career information
- Watch RoadTrip Nation interviews with people in a variety of professions
OH Hiring Managment (http://careers.ohio.gov/)
Career OneStop (www.careeronestop.org/explorecareers)
Education Planner (www.educationplanner.org)
O*Net Online (http://www.onetonline.org)
OH Career Guide (http://scr.ohio.gov/ConsumerInformation/StudentCareerPlanningGuide.aspx)
OH Career Exploration (http://ohiolmi.com/asp/Career/JobTool.asp)
OhioMeans Job Guided Tour (https://jobseeker.ohiomeansjobs.monster.com/GuidedTour/Landing.aspx)
Many web sites have huge scholarship databases that will do the grunt work for you. Enter your criteria and they will return a list of scholarships that match them. Most sites are free and only require you to register to use their services. Some sites to check out are:
COLLEGE APPLICATION RESOURCES
- How to Write a College Application Essay
- Common Essay Questions - College Admissions Questions and Answers
- Ask the Dean answers frequently asked questions such as "What's involved in filling out the application?" and "Can I recycle essay questions?"
- Helpful Hints about Letters of Recommendation - Great planning form to help keep track of all your college applications!
FINANCIAL AID PLANNING
- Sallie Mae wants to make sure that you have all of the parent-specific information you need at your fingertips.
- Student Loan Funding - Use this site to determine what your needs will be for college tuition. Discover types and sources of financial aid. Find out how to apply for and manage a student loan Review the financial aid process. Learn about tax breaks for college higher education
- Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) - Use this site to explore options for paying for college.