Enrollment for K-12
Student Registration Process
Parent/Legal Guardians MUST provide the following documents when registering in the building of residence:
- Child’s certified birth certificate issued by Health Department (*Hospital Birth Record will not be accepted). If the certificate is in any language other than English applicants must provide a certified, translated copy with the original.
- Immunization/health records
- Copy of Current IEP/ETR, if applicable
- Two Proofs of Residency:
- The first mustbe a current lease agreement, mortgage statement/Deed, or rental agreement with the legal/custodial parents name and address listed on the document.
- The second can be a current utility bill, homeowner/Renters insurance, vehicle registration, payroll check, income tax documents.
All documents must be current and no less than 30 days old.
- Custody papers or any legal documents that pertain to the child
- Report Card from previous school attended, if applicable
If you have any questions regarding enrollment, please contact your child’s building secretary before registering.
· Preschool 259-6640
· Beverly Gardens 259-6620
· Brantwood 237-4270
· Stevenson 259-6630
· Saville 259-6625
· Spinning Hills Middle School (5-6) 259-6635
· Mad River Middle School (7-8) 237-4265
· Stebbins High School 237-4250
5 to Thrive is the Montgomery County, Ohio campaign to promote kindergarten readiness and registration information. The campaign is run by Ready Set Soar, the region’s early childhood initiative working to ensure every child is ready for kindergarten. Research shows that the years leading up to kindergarten are very important and can give a child a good foundation for success later in school and life. Together we can make sure every child is ready to thrive in kindergarten and beyond! For more information on Ready Set Soar, please visit: http://www.fivetothrivedayton.org/
Mad River Local Schools offers a free preschool program for typically developing students and children with disabilities ages 3-5. This half-day program is offered Monday–Thursday during the school year. Children must be potty-trained. Certified teachers provide rich, learning experiences that help children develop socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually.
*Preschool programs are available for children who are three years old by August 1, 2019, with priority for four year olds.
Students who turn five years of age by August 1, 2019, are eligible to enroll in kindergarten.
*You must live in the Mad River School District to attend Mad River Preschool.
Applications can be picked up in the Curriculum Dept. Office hours are: 8:00-3:30. The office is closed for lunch between 11:30-12:30.
The following items must be provided at time of application:
- Registration Sheet
- W2 Form
- Birth Certificate Child’s certified birth certificate issued by Health Department (*Hospital Birth Record will not be accepted). If the certificate is in any language other than English, a certified, translated copy must be presented with the original.
- Custody paperwork, if applicable
- Two Proofs of Residency:
- The first MUSTbe a rental or lease agreement, mortgage statement or deed if you own the property free and clear.
- The second can be a utility bill (water, electric/gas/oil), no more than 30 days old. Other items accepted as second can be homeowner or renter insurance, vehicle registration or insurance, payroll check, child support check, social security/welfare/assistance payment or voter registration. If you do not own/rent property in the district, but live with someone in the district, you must complete an Adult Residency Affidavitand provide the documentation as stated on the affidavit.