PRESCHOOL (Mad River School District Residents Only)
- Applications for the 2023-24 school year are available at the Mad River Student Services Office, 801 Old Harshman Rd, and available for download at Preschool Registration.
- Preschool registration must be completed at the Mad River Student Services Office/Board of Education, not online.
- Open Enrollment is not available for Preschool.
- Please visit the Mad River School Preschool webpage for more information or contact Mrs. Weethee at 259-6603.
REGISTRATION - - Kindergarten through 12th Grade
- The district online registration portal is open for Grades K-12.
- Click on "REGISTER A NEW STUDENT" below to create/access your Parent Portal Account.
- Do not submit prior to June 15, as it will be deleted from the online system.
- Approved, New 23-24 Open Enrollment students will be notified of registration procedures separately.
- If you do not have online access to complete the process, please contact the building you wish to enroll in for assistance.
Do you live outside of the Mad River School District? → Open Enrollment -CLOSED for 2023-24
Registration Documents - REQUIRED
- Child’s certified birth certificate issued by the State's Health Department/Dept of Vital Statistics (*Hospital/Souvenir Birth Record will not be accepted*)
- If the certificate is in any language other than English, applicants must provide a certified, translated copy with the original.
- Immunization/health records
- Copy of Current IEP/ETR, Service Plan if applicable
- Copy of 504 Plan, if applicable
- Copy of Gifted information, if applicable
- Two Proofs of Residency:
- The first must be a current lease agreement, mortgage statement/ deed, or rental agreement with the legal/custodial parent's name and address listed on the document. Tax documents will not be accepted. **If you reside with someone else or there is not a lease or rental agreement, please contact your student's building for more information regarding additional requirements.
- The second can be a current utility bill, homeowner/ renter insurance, vehicle registration, payroll check, or income tax documents.
- Custody papers or any legal documents that pertain to the child
- Report Card from the previous school attended, if applicable
- If you have any questions regarding enrollment, please contact your child’s building secretary before registering.
For Grades K through 4, students are assigned a neighborhood school based on their home address. Locate your child(ren)’s zoned area school through the "School Finder - Street Listing" or by contacting the Student Service's Office at 259-6603. To visit a school website, please choose a school through the "Select A School" button at the top right on every web page.
If you have any questions or need assistance with our online enrollment portal, please contact your student's assigned building or Heather Shuttleworth - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intra-District Transfer Request School Transfers
Transfers to another elementary within the District must be made through an intra-district request. Please contact your student's assigned elementary school based on your address or by calling the Student Services Department at 937-259-6603. If new to the district, your student must be registered at the building based on your address prior to applying. These applications are on a first-come, first-served basis. Approval is based on space availability within the requested grade/school.
Ohio Immunization Summary for School Attendance
Exceptional Education & Student Services
The District provides educational opportunities to students who are physically handicapped, mentally handicapped, sensory impaired, emotionally disabled, as well as, gifted. Parents interested in more information about special education services should contact Student Services @ 937-259-6603.