Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-21 School Year is now OPEN!
Starting Kindergarten is an exciting time for you and your child and we want the enrollment process to go as smoothly as possible for your family.
If your child is 5 years of age, on or before August 1, 2020, you may follow the steps below.
You must reside in Mad River Local School District to register for Mad River Kindergarten.
- Submit an online registration form for the 2020-21 school year by clicking the Mad River enrollment portal link below.
- If you do not have a parent account, you will need to create one by selecting “Create New Account” on the portal link below.
- If you already have a child in the district (does not include Preschool), and you submitted online forms during the 2019-20 school year, you will log in with your current parent log-in information and select enroll new student.
- Please be sure you are selecting the correct school year to begin your application.
- You must select the school building your child would attend according to your street address
- After you complete your Online Application, your Elementary building will reach out to you to schedule an appointment.
Mad River Elementary buildings will be open to the public by appointment only for incoming Kindergarten registrations on the following Tuesdays and Thursdays in May from 10AM-2PM.
* May 12 and May 14
* May 19 and May 21
* May 26 and May 28
In order to enter any of our buildings, the general public must wear a mask. This is a preventative measure to keep both our staff and community safe and follows the Governor's "No mask, no work, no service, no exception" which is the first of five general protocols for businesses to follow as they re-open.
At your given appointment time, while practicing social distancing/wearing of a mask, you will be required to turn in your Kindergarten Enrollment Checklist documents. The checklist can be found above. Copies can be made at the school during this time.
INTRA-DISTRICT TRANSFER REQUESTS
- If you are interested in a transfer to another elementary within the District, that must be made through an intra-district request. That form can be requested from the elementary school based on your address or by calling Heather Shuttleworth at the Student Services Department at 937-259-6603. Your student must, however, be registered in your building of residence prior to the request. These applications are on a first-come, first-served basis. Approval is based on space availability within the requested grade/school.
If you have any other questions, please contact Heather Shuttleworth @ firstname.lastname@example.org.