Open Enrollment - New Students
The application period for the 2017-18 school year will take place:
- Current Students (Renewal) can enroll: March 1st - 31st
- New Students– May 1st - June 1st
- *Students will be notified of their placement by June 17th
- Kindergarten students will be notified by July 1st
Ohio law, along with the Mad River Board of Education board policy, allows parents/guardians to enroll their children in a school within the Mad River School District rather than their district of residence by completing an open enrollment application and being approved by the incoming district. By policy of the Federal government, students residing in the Fairborn School District cannot attend the Mad River School District thru Open Enrollment. Open Enrollment can not be used for Preschool, only K-12 grade.
Open enrollment applications are filled on a first-come, first serve basis, according to space.
Families may make arrangements to meet a Mad River School bus at specific bus stops (if space is available).
High school students who transfer school districts through open enrollment must follow Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) rules for participating on athletic teams. Typically, athletic eligibility is determined by the school in which the student is attending during their 9th grade year. OHSAA rules for transfer and athletic eligibility are very specific and must be followed by law.
Forms can be picked up in the Student Services office located at: 801 Old Harshman Rd. 8:30AM - 3:30 PM M-F
OPEN ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO REGISTER
* Must be ORIGINAL Birth Certificate (NO COPIES will be accepted.)
* Hospital Record of Birth souvenir is unacceptable.
CUSTODY PAPERS/DIVORCE DECREE PAPERS
* If applicable Custody or Decree must be provided per ORC 3313.672(b)
PROOF RESIDENCY – 2 PROOFS REQUIRED
* First proof must be current lease/mortgage documentation or deed
* Second proof must be ONE of the following: current utility bill, homeowner/renter insurance, vehicle registration, payroll check, child support, social security/assistance payment, voter registration
REPORT CARD – Grades K-8
* Copy of most recent school report card at time of application for current or ended school year
TRANSCRIPT – Grades 9-12 (Can be unofficial from current district)
* Copy of discipline record from previous school REQUIRED if discipline days are noted on application.
* Current Individual Education Plan) or 504 – if applicable
* (Current Evaluation Team Report) – if applicable
801 Old Harshman Rd.
Riverside, OH 45431The zipcode must be numeric with at least five numbers.