1. Name: Miss Anna Fioritto
2. Position/Building: Kindergarten, Beverly Gardens Elementary
3. Where are you from? Cleveland, Ohio
4. What is your educational background/College/Degree? Early Childhood Education 4/5 Endorsement, STEM Certificate, Dyslexia Certificate
5. What are you currently reading for enjoyment? My students’ work!
6. What do you want to be doing in five years? Teaching and traveling around the country!
7. What interests do you pursue outside of the classroom? Hiking, kayaking, swimming, volleyball, traveling, and all outdoor activities!
8. To what teams and/or clubs did you belong as a student? Volleyball & Epsilon Delta Upsilon - the professional education fraternity at UD.
9. When did you decide to become a teacher, and why did you choose this field? I have always loved working with kids, helping others, and watching children learn, grow, and become successful. I have always subconsciously known that I wanted to be a teacher, just like my mother!
10. What personal strengths do you find especially helpful in your teaching? Perseverance, patients, and flexibility. The ability to communicate with others is also very important.
11. What is your favorite subject to teach? Why? Science and math because I love using hands on and problem solving activities when teaching!
12. What is your least favorite subject? Centers and writing.
13. What do you like most about teaching as a career? Watching my students feel proud of their successes and accomplishments.
14. What is the most difficult aspect of teaching today? Technology, testing/assessment requirements, and clerical work behind the scenes.
15. What could a visitor to your class expect to see? Students who are excited to meet you, show off their work, and share what they have learned. My students are curious about others and the world around them and love when visitors join our room for the day!
16. Who was your favorite teacher and why? My kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Hancock, and fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Tomaselli. Mrs. Hancock introduced me to the world of education and everything that makes school fun. Mrs. Tomaselli challenged me to no end, and helped me see a potential in myself that I did not know existed. I am happy to say that am still in contact with these wonderful women and hope that they are proud of where I am today because of them!
17. What is your favorite local restaurant? Texas Roadhouse and Milanos.
18. What is one goal that you plan to accomplish during your adult lifetime? Travel to all 50 states.
19. Describe your dream vacation. Traveling the country to hike and explore while also meeting new people.
20. Who is your hero? My mother.
21. What did you want to be when you were small? A naturalist - to work with animals and explore the outdoors.
22. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Shrimp tacos!
23. What are your hobbies? Hiking, travel, kayak, volleyball, etc.
24. What was your first job? Lifeguard at my community pool.
25. What do you like to do in your spare time? Hike, travel, and explore.